NTC Forum
WELCOME! Please Register if not already a member
NTC Forum
WELCOME! Please Register if not already a member
NTC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTC Forum

Newcastle Triathlon Club Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On the Scrounge!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elsie

Elsie

On the Scrounge!! Empty
PostSubject: On the Scrounge!!   On the Scrounge!! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:56 am

Hi everyone. Just on the scrounge for the loan/ rental of a bike box for beginning of Sept. Got a bag but they afford little protection when being hurled around by baggage handlers so I'd prefer to use a box . Thanking you muchly What a Face
Back to top Go down
jez

On the Scrounge!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Scrounge!!   On the Scrounge!! EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Elsie,
each to his/her own I know but i swear by bags.Ive used both and had more damage done to my box than bag.Maybe because they are more rigid.???
I always use a bag but put a cardboard bike box inside as a liner and put pipe tubing around all the tubes and use seperate wheel bags.Yes maybe slightly heavier than normal bag but still well within weight limits and bike is well protected..just some thoughts if you cant get a box
jez
Back to top Go down

On the Scrounge!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTC Forum :: Open message Board-
Jump to: